Monday, February 02, 2009

5mart Martha Monday.

I am starting up 5mart Martha Monday since school has started again for the year.

If you want to participate, simply tell us 5 goals for the week that make your household easier to run and help you get everything you need to get done.

My 5 for this week are:

1. I want to clean out my sewing nook area. Our children use my sewing area as a dumping spot. Fly lady would call it a fire area. I am going to clean it out and tell our children that anything that ends up on my desk will be kept by me.

2. I need to keep up to date more with Tom's bsl diary. I should update it each day so that I can see problem areas but I always end up doing only once a week. This week I am going to do it every evening.

3. I will mark Tom and Amelia's spelling and maths every day. Another thing I put off regularly.

4. I need to look after my diet a lot better. I eat a lot of junk, drink too much coffee and not enough water. This week I am going to try and drink 8 cups of water a day and have a maximum of 2 cups of coffee each day.

5. The heat wave is going to continue all week and this is when we start eating take away often. It is just too hot to cook. If I cook in the morning though while it is cooler, we just need to reheat it that evening. So my final goal is to cook tea each morning while Tom and Amelia are doing their school work.

Below is a Mr. Linky link that you can put your list in if you want to participate in 5mart Martha Monday.

Therese

4 comments:

Soutenus said...

1. Buy lunch fixins so that we do not have to buy (outrageously expensive) school lunches this month. (that are also substandard healthwise)
2. Make enough dinner to refrigerate or freeze to last all week
~~~~ chili
~~~~ soup
~~~~ stew
~~~~ meatballs

3. Set up auto draft to pay rent on the shop
4. Figure out how to delete files and move pictures in this apple/word system
5. Commit on dance judging dates and locations

Therese said...

good luck with your list Peggy.

Aliadelaide said...

How is the weeks 5 progressing Therese. I don't think I'm brave enough yet to commit to a post. Re the not cooking when its hot though I can certainly identify!
Also I find it easier to eat better(not junk) in the cooler months...how about you?

Therese said...

Absolutely Ali.

Last year I did a big cook once a month. In winter it was easy to do with soups, stews and casseroles. Our family doesn't seem to like the casseroles in summer as much. I think they are meals that are homey and for keeping away the winter blues. I didn't do a big cook at all over the holidays and was going to do it last weekend but just didn't have the energy for it with the heat. I will get back into it soon though. It makes our food bill a lot cheaper.

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.