Saturday, February 07, 2009

7 Quick Takes


1.

Today is going to be in the 100's again but tomorrow we will have a cool change. I am so looking forward to it. My plans for today are to do our Saturday clean up, take the children to the pool, write my menu plan for the fortnight, do the shopping and sit under the air conditioner.

2.

We have been going to Saturday night mass a lot. Steve has been singing with the choir and playing guitar sometimes. We have a nice routine worked out for it now. Clean up from our day starts at 5pm. I cook tea then so that we just need to reheat it when we get home from mass. The children get changed around 6.00 and we get to mass at 6.15. If we need to get to confession we try to get there around 6pm.

3.

I have managed pretty well with my 5mart Martha five this week. I have only had two cups of coffee each day and drank lots of water. I have cleaned most of my sewing nook out and should finish it off today. Spelling and Maths has been marked each day and I have cooked tea each morning. The only thing I didn't do was keep Tom's diary up to date. It went missing though on Tuesday. Hopefully we will find it today and I will catch up.

4.

I am really glad the week without our carolla is over. We got the car back last night. Even though it doesn't have as many features as our volkswagen, I do prefer to drive it. It is just an easy car to get around in.

5.

Last night I opened an windows live account. I am looking into ways for some Catholic mums to have a regular chat online in a group.

I asked my teenage children about the options and it looks like msn chat can have a group of people chatting all together. Hopefully I can work this out fully and we can organise a mum chat time.

6.

this week for science we did a cool experiment. Here is a youtube video of the experiment.



The experiment was a lot of fun. After we had balloon races. We had a go at holding the balloons in midair and letting go together to see if the carbon dioxide one hit the ground first. It did work.

7.

We are going to do some paper mache this week. Tom wants to make a rocket ship. I thought if I put a bit of cardboard on the top of the balloon we could make a rocket ship shape. It doesn't really look like it though. It looks more like an ice cream. Any suggestions for a rocket ship shape would be appreciated.

Don't forget to pop over to Jennifer's for her quick 7 and other's as well.

7 comments:

Bek said...

Only 2 cups of coffee per day? NOOOOOOOOO!!!

Therese said...

lots of water in this weather is good Bek. I did think the two cups of coffee was going to be hard but it isn't too bad at all.

Tracy said...

Great job!!

Bek said...

Well, I AM proud of you - 2 cups of coffee in a day is pretty Lenten... but agreed, water in this weather is DEFINITELY a better idea.

Alexandra said...

I like Saturday night mass as well. Soon when Olivia is a little older, we'll go more often. Sometimes she is too tired for evening mass, so we go on Sunday morning.

John Michael said...

Hi Therese,

John is sooo disappointed. He wanted the balloon to actually blow up, in the explode sense of the term.

I just laughed at him and told him he is such a man!

Thanks for the laugh!

God bless you and your family,
Regan

Therese said...

lol. well, I am certainly glad it didn't explode. I probably would have been a bit hesitant to do it if it had blown up on the you tube video.

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.