Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A simple Womens Daybook.

Head over to Peggy's for other day books

Outside my window... the sun has set. I haven't ever done the daybook before at night.

I am thinking... about all the things we need to catch up on from Tom being in hospital.

From the learning rooms... we haven't done very much this week. Tomorrow will be catch up day.

I am thankful for... the doctors that help me in managing Tom and all his other care providers too.

From the kitchen... tomorrow I will do some baking. I think we will make some more pumpkin scones and pumpkin bread.

I am wearing... three quarter denim pants and a pink, blue and white t shirt.

I am reading... Nourishing traditions. It looks great.

I am hoping... to see Tom's dietitian this week.

I am creating... the boys pajamas. They still are not finished but I hope to finish them this week.

I am hearing... the children playing in the girls room.

Around the house... the routine has gone out the window so the children are up way too late.

One of my favorite things... getting up and enjoying the quiet in the morning before the rest of the family wakes.

A few plans for the rest of the week... home school, a girls night on Saturday night. The boys are headed over to Whyalla to see the monster trucks so we will get a chick flick and have some take away.


Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...I was going to put a photo of the birthday boy from today but my cord to upload it is not by the computer where I usually keep it. Here is another photo of him taken at the pool a while ago.

10 comments:

Kym-Anne said...

I really enjoyed reading your daybook. I'm happy to hear Tom is back home and a big Happy Birthday to Christopher!

Therese said...

The day books are a great way to get to know other bloggers.

Shirley said...

Happy birthday to Christopher, and so glad Tom is OK. I always include you and your family when I pray the Joyful Mysteries of the Rosary.

Colleen said...

Thank God Tom's better...hospital visits are so difficult! What kind of pj's are you making for your boys? Do you have any pictures?

Therese said...

Coleen, I will post pictures when I have finished them. It is a very simple pattern so hopefully I will get them done this week.

Michele said...

do you have your pumpkin bread recipe therese? if so, could you please post it on our world of mothers blog? :) for those of you who don't know about our blog, 4 of us including therese are contributors to the blog. ask therese for the address in case you want to visit our blog. any mom is welcome to join us! i hope your little boy is feeling much better today!!!

Kathleen Miller said...

Happy Birthday to Christopher. May God provide a speedy recovery to Tom.

Nourishing Traditions ( The cook book right?) is a great way to learn about healthy foods. I found the book to be fascinating. I love the recipe for Chicken Noodle soup.

God Bless!

Tracy said...

I enjoyed your simple day!!
Great picture:)

Aubrey said...

I'm glad to hear that Tom is doing better. We will say prayers for him!

Do you say 'take away' to mean carry-out food from a restaurant?

God bless!

Therese said...

another difference Aubrey.

Take away is carry out.

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.