Tuesday, January 03, 2012

A word for this year.

Last year when I wrote my new year resolutions, I changed it to things I hoped would happen rather than what I could change myself. 

It also came up in the comment section about choosing a word for the year to live by. My word for last year was hope. I probably could have spent a bit more time reflecting on this through the year. I think I do try to be a person of hope and see the glass as half full rather than half empty. That is what I think being a person of hope is all about.

This year my word is going to be simplicity. I want my life to be more simple and less cluttered. Last year there were a lot of times that I felt over committed and stressed at all that was happening in our lives. This year I want to live more simply and get back to basics. I am going to write a bit about this regularly so that I can focus on it more than I focused on hope being my word for last year.

3 comments:

Judy said...

I love your word!! Simple can be good, so good. :)

Alexandra said...

I try very hard to keep it simple. It makes life much more relaxed and happy. Wishing you blessings on your quest for simplicity. :)

Linda said...

Great Word! I've been thinking about this post for a few days - trying to come up with my 'word' for the year. I, too, want to live more simply - get rid of a heap of 'stuff' from around the house, which we can easily do without.

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.