Tuesday, January 01, 2013

2013

It is the start of a new year and we are all making new resolutions and hoping that 2013 will be a great year for us all.

Today is also Daniel's 21st birthday. He was born at 5.50 in the afternoon. Because he was born on new years day, a lot of people ask me if he was the first baby born for the year. Being born so late in the day though, I think he probably didn't even make it into the first ten babies born. Happy Birthday Daniel. We are really proud of the young man you have become. 

So back to new years resolutions. Over the last couple of years, I have picked out a word that I want to be my word for the year. :Last year I chose simplicity and the year before hope.

Both last year and the year before, I didn't spend as much time really reflecting on either of my words. I find with a lot of things that I make some choice (like a word for the year) and it is front and centre for a few days in my life and then it takes a back seat. This is pretty typical for me. Any kind of new routine or discipline usually lasts for a few days and then becomes less of a commitment the longer I do it. With this in mind, I have decided my word for this year is to be consistency. 

I want to be consistent with prayer, the different therapies my children need and my day. I want to do everything I need to with consistency and regularly. 

I am looking forward to the new year with all the changes we have made. I know that only 18 months ago, I was totally overwhelmed with all that I had on. Last year wasn't as overwhelming but still pretty full on. This year I am really hopeful that I we will have a nice balance with all the different activities we have on. 

I hope 2013 will be a good year for us and for you.

Therese. 

4 comments:

Tania said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR Therese!

And Happy Birthday to Daniel :)

x

Judy said...

Happy New Year! I like your word choice.

Rose said...

Happy new year! Every year better and better!!

Therese said...

happy new year to you too Rose.

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.