Wednesday, January 01, 2014

A Year in Review. Part two.

July. 



Madeline and Sam moved to Adelaide in July. It was a big adjustment for us all. I suddenly realised just how much I did for them because we weren't nearly as busy as when they were home. Daniel also went to World Youth Day in Brazil. He was away when Sam and Madeline moved into the house.

Daniel enjoyed WYD but got an infection in his foot on the way home. It was very painful for him and became very swollen while he was on the plane. Fortunately when he got back to Adelaide,  he was able to get antibiotics and recover from it. 

August. 

In August, I took Amelia to Adelaide to start pump therapy. Being the third child to go onto an insulin pump meant that I knew pretty much everything there is to know about it. It took us a few days to get her insulin doses right but over all we have been really happy with it. It was good to have them all on the same treatment. While Amelia was on daily injections, I found I forgot often to remind her to have lantus. It was just as well she was so reliable and often did it without reminding. 

September. 

September was Steve's last month of work for the year. He had 4th term of with long service leave. 

I started doing costumes for the girls in Christopher's musical theatre group and Steve started working on what he would do for renovations while he was home. He painted the back verandah and then started working on the wooden floor boards in our lounge. 

October. 

At the end of the October Holidays, Amelia went on Diabetes camp. Steve and I took the opportunity to get away on our own while she was there and left the boys and Brigette with Daniel in Adelaide. 

When we got back, Steve worked on the lounge just about every waking hour and I spent a lot of time sewing the costumes for Musical Theatre. 

November. 

November flew by and I was in a great hurry to get all the musical theatre costumes done. I think it was in November that I realised just how big a job I had agreed to and thought I had taken on something that was too big. I just decided to keep at it though and sewed in every spare minute I had. the first week of December was the week before the concert. I finished the costumes just one hour before the first concert on the Saturday night,. 

December. 

Once Musical Theatre was over, we started to prepare for our family holiday. Our older children were going to the Youth Festival in Melbourne and we decided to go along and take the younger children to see around Victoria and Melbourne. 

We visited Halls Gap, Bendigo, Melbourne, Geelong, Warrnambool and Millicent. 

It was a great holiday but we were all glad to get home. 

On Christmas day, my mother turned 80. 

We went back to Adelaide for Christmas and to celebrate my mother's birthday.Because we had been away for two weeks just before this, we only stayed in Adelaide for the two nights and came back. 

I hope 2014 will be just as good as this year has. 

2 comments:

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Happiest of New Years to you!!! My very best wishes, dear friend! Cathy

Therese said...

Happy New Year to you too Cathy.

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.