Thursday, January 23, 2014

What we are doing this year.

Next week, school will be starting in South Australia. I thought I would go through everyone and let you know what we are doing.

Daniel, Sam and Madeline are all still living in Adelaide. Daniel has about 18 months to go with his teaching degree and Sam and Madeline are both working for Hungry Jacks still. Madeline has left fashion design and is thinking of studying creative writing. She was going to apply last year, but because she would have had to pay a late fee, I suggested she wait and she did. Maybe she will be able to do a mid year entry. Sam is also doing a management course. He is hoping to get some management position at some stage.

In Port Augusta, Steve is back at work as a permanent relief teacher. This year he is at a different base school though. His base school is the school he goes to when they don't need a reliever in any of the schools.

Brigette is starting year 11. She is hoping to do law when she finishes school so has some pretty challenging subjects. I am sure she will meet the challenge with the same success she has in the past.

Tom is going into year 9, Amelia into year 7 and Christopher into year 3. I expect they will all want to do Musical Theatre again this year and the boys will probably do Cubs and Scouts again.

Joseph will start full time Kindy this year and have 9 sessions a fortnight. He will go every Wednesday and Thursday for a full day and have a half day on every other Friday.

In term 4 last year, Joseph has one full day of Kindy a week. It was the first time, I had no children at home for 21 years. The day went really fast but I really appreciated having some time to myself. This year, I will go to the canteen on Wednesdays and have a day to myself on Thursday. I will miss having him around but time to myself is so rare these days, I really do appreciate it more and more.



4 comments:

Jeanne said...

It is nice hearing what you're all up too. :)

A Bit of the Blarney said...

What a challenging year. It's wonderful to have the goals set when the school year begins. Have a grand day!!! Cathy

Michele said...

Having time to yourself is always nice. When I have it, I like to read, play with my cats, go for a walk, and so on. Really feels quite rejuvinating!

Therese said...

Hi Jeanne, Cathy and Michele.

Thanks for leaving your comments. I am looking forward to our year.

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.